Haul & Review

I went to Dollar Tree last weekend for some wrapping paper, and I came out with some eyelashes and nail polish. Imagine that. The nail polish was Atomic by L.A. Colors, and the eyelashes were the E.L.F. Individual Lash Kit.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to try out the eyelashes when I wanted to. I have to go get some eyelash glue; the glue that came with it was inadequate for gluing. In fact, I can't quite think of that good that glue would do as anything other than looking like cottage cheese. I will review the nail polish, though. (: I've been wanting a teal color for a while now, and when I saw this, I said why not. It was only a dollar. A dollar well spent, at that. I put it on my nails last Thursday with a base and top coat, and it's still in a somewhat-suitable conditions right now. There are some chips. I'd actually be shocked if there weren't any, considering that I'm a teenage girl and I'm always using my nails to open something or to text. I do that a lot. It's weird though, there are more chips around my cuticles than there are at the end of my nails. I haven't found a reason for that yet, but then again, I don't care all that much. If you're looking for a cheap nail polish in a cute color that doesn't chip like crazy, I say go down to Dollar Tree and look for this. They had more pretty colors too, but I only had a few dollars with me, so I didn't get them. My rating: **** (the highest rating being 5 stars).
I also got some new foundation this week. It's the Maybelline Fit Me (I got it in color 220). Walgreens had all of the Fit Me line on sale last week at 40% off, buy one get one half off, and I had a dollar off cupon. I ended up getting 2 foundations cheaper than I would have got one at regular price.

It has SPF 18 in it, which is really good for me because I have tennis practice for about 2 hours every day, and I don't want skin cancer. The foundation goes on really nicely and doesn't cake up. It's great for sheer coverage, but I usually notice that it wears off throughout the day, and I end up applying some powder foundation. My rating would probably be ***. It's a decent foundation, and I'm going to use both bottles, but I still like my Revlon Colorstay better.
I'll post another review after I get a chance to try the eyelashes out. (: I'll also post pictures if I find a cute bathing suit when I'm shopping tomorrow!! :D

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Go in Style. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.